Thursday, June 20, 2013

Kalpana Patowary(BHOJPURI QUEEN) - featured artist Coke studio @Mtv India season 3.


I feel blessed to have been born in a country that speaks so many different languages and dialects. Languages have always been my strong point. Even while I was growing up, they were my strong subjects. Also because I grew up in Guwahati, my medium of teaching in school was Assamese. Hindi was taught only in Class IV, V & VI with English being compulsory subjects. Later I opted for English in higher standards and I spoke Assamese at home. Bengali was never a subject in school and I had no Bengali neighbors at my native place. Even in Mumbai, diction was a problem at first being from Assam. Pronunciation of a Hindi song became a big problem but by God’s grace I proved myself in the Bhojpuri language which is even more problematic. That's what worked in my favor. I am one of the few luckiest artists who get invited to Kashmir as well as to Kanyakumari, from Gujarat to Assam, only because I sing in many different languages. I have sung in Dongri, Kannad, Telegu, Marathi, Garo, Assamese, Bhojpuri, Maithali, Angika, Awadhi, Rajasthani, Gujrati and many more languages. Language is beautiful and I love languages. It’s a pleasure to sing in a different language, says Kalpana Patowary.

No comments: